Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all!

Carol, thanks for the word! "Connection" and its possibilities are swirling in my brain. What a perfect opener to the challenge and the year!

I've had the good fortune to meet each of you individuals, with the exception of Frauke. It's thrilling to be part of an "organized" group of folks with art quilts as our primary link.

I've been sewing since I was about 12. My grandmother was a seamstress. I didn't know her well, but I do own garments and quilts that she made. I also have her dressmaker's shears! I started making quilts about 10 years ago. My maiden voyage with surface design happened last summer at Quilting By The Lake, where I shared a dorm suite with Penny and Madalene. Art quilting is a new thing for me; I feel privileged that you all will pull me along on this journey.

I live in the Berkshire hills in Massachusetts with my husband, John. We're enjoying our empty nest, as our 2 sons are both living in the Bay Area in California. Our 12-year-old dog, Rosie keeps us entertained. I work in a local medical center as a speech-language pathologist treating outpatients. While it's stimulating work, it does get in the way of my creative time! I'm often too tired after a day's work, dinner prep, eating and cleanup to attempt anything that requires thought. Besides working with fabric (I like to make garments as well) yoga practice has occupied a good deal of my being for about a decade.

Well, enough about me...I look forward to our shared experience! You are all welcome to visit me in New England anytime...I hope that you will!

Here's to peace and joy in 2012!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment