Monday, April 30, 2012

Serendipity.    Of course it was serendipitous that I met Deborah in the first place at a class.......and serendipitous she asked me to be part of this........and last month she had ordered a book from Gwen Marston and had been to the mailbox to get it.....when she came in and looked at her email there was an email from me inviting her to a class we were having with Gwen in New Jersey.   AND at the same time my husband was going to Hudson River Valley Art Center where I first met Deborah, to take a PAINTING class with guess who?   Deborah's husband!   I had given him a class for Christmas now realizing that it was Deborah's husband.........and so while Don was there with her husband, she was in New Jersey with me taking a class with Gwen!   Serendipitous!   And the fabric I used I had hand-dyed over the years and I used little pieces of it in the exercise we did.   All so unplanned........I like it that way!

This is before it was quilted.   I will put the quilted ones up shortly as soon as find them in iPhotos!   This was lots of fun to do.   If any of you haven't seen Gwen Marston's 37 SKETCHES book or had a class with her, it is alot of fun to do these small studies.  

I am looking forward to the next WORD and CHALLENGE.   Deborah is coming back to visit and take a dyeing class so I am sure the next challenge will include some of that.   I am looking forward to seeing all the creativity here.............

1 comment:

  1. This is a very strong little piece. That checkered fabric really anchors it, and the red is just so vibrant. My favorite part is the tiny vertical strip of yellow on the left. How big is this quilt, Carol?

    ReplyDelete