Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How is everyone doing?

Happy spring to you, too, Carol, and to all of you.  I kept meaning to respond earlier but April, like March, seems to be flying by. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been having a tough time coming up with an inspiration for our challenge word. And it's one of my favorite words, so it should have been easy.

I even spent time looking up its origins, which seem a bit convoluted and, well, serendipitous. It supposedly came from "The Three Princes of Serendip," a supposedly Persian fairy tale, but Serendip was actually an old name for Sri Lanka. And the discoveries made in the fairy tale were not the "happy accidents" we now usually associate with serendipity but were more like Sherlock Holmes discoveries, based on keen observation and strong analytical abilities. This was becoming a dead end so I abandoned that path.

Anyway, last week, I serendipitously came upon an idea and have finally begun work as the deadline has begun to loom.  And how are the rest of you doing?

Madalene


2 comments:

  1. I did the reading also. So many serendipitous things have happened in my life I can totally relate. Then something serendipitous happened with Deborah which I will go into later that I made something from that experiene......I will post on the due date in a couple of weeks. Just finishing up the binding tonight.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished last night. Will have some "splaining" to do regarding how it is serendipitous, but it does tie in in several ways to me. I was thinking of publishing mine as a draft so our brilliant blogmaster could post of r real on the 30th. Now I realize I still don't know how to designate draft. Help. Otherwise I'll wait til Monday.

    ReplyDelete