Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I wanted green !!

I thought I had a wonderful, clever idea ... when you mix blue and yellow, you get green. So I planned to do just that and play with all the different shades of green ... I cut yellow and blue organza in wawy stripes and arranged them on a piece of white cotton. Do you see any green in this picture ???
 Well - I don't see any green, too ... Lesson learnt: if you layer different colors of organza, you'll get some pretty nice different shades - of the colors you used. But not necessarily the color you were looking for ;-))

Even when there's no green in there, I still liked the piece - so I quilted it with a wide free-motion zig-zag and bound it. Maybe I put something onto it - what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. It is lovely anyway. If you hadn't done this and shared, I would have made the same assumption. Let us see if you do add to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my monitor I am seeing a few patches of green, particularly on the left, but only a few. I was holding off from commenting so that I could dig out my organzas and see what happens when I mixed yellow and blue, but then I discovered I had no blue so I couldn't play around with the colors. I find this fascinating since I also thought that the colors should blend easily. Great experiment, Frauke! Reminded me of how much more I have to learn about color. And this would make a great background--for something watery or perhaps it would make a dynamic sky.

    ReplyDelete