Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh, dear! I'm just not at all happy with this, but it's what I've got. Transformation is such a great word. I have had so much going on lately that I didn't take time to do the word justice! Got very literal again. Started with fabric from old boxers that my boys wore several years ago. Those are all the fabrics in the top third of the piece. As the boys became men, the fabrics transformed into lovely batiks (tee hee). The horizontal, spirally fabric represents all the magical, transformational gobbledegook along the way. I felt like trying some hand stitching, hence the leaves and stem which erupt into a flower-flame. I still need to add some stitching, or some organza, or something! Will post another photo if/when I do. Hope you can see it well enough...the photo isn't so good, either!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can't believe you still have boxers from your boys. This certainly conveys the idea of transformation from the muted colors to the more vibrant. One thing that bothers me a bit is that the flower seems move in the opposite direction from the fabric transformation--or am I missing something? I'll be interested to see what your next step is with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and maybe from SMALLER boys to BIGGER boys! Love that you're working with fabric from your kids!

    Hey, we're coming to Lake Placid later this week for a week. Is that far for you? We have an extra bedroom during the week of 10 to 17!

    ReplyDelete